Friday, June 14, 2013

| | | Best Blogger Tips





I feel empty today. I feel very restless. I can feel my thoughts tying me down. As I struggle to come in terms with the way I am feeling, I ask myself "Did I go wrong?".

The fear of going wrong has always been a constant fear for me. It pops up all the time like those fungi on a rotten piece of vegetable. So, am I the fungus or am I the vegetable? I am both. I fear and hence I am the fear I have. Confusing? You will get it in due course. 
I am being very blunt today, am I not? It happens all the time when I am in a mood like this. But, today, I don't feel like saying a sorry for my bluntness. I want to be me and be in the mood I am in and express the mood I am in. For me, it is a bold step but I have got to be real. I have got to be me to be peaceful - to be peaceful with the world around me and most importantly, to be peaceful with myself.

I always fear losing myself to the intricacies of life. I fear that I will lose myself when I try pleasing others or stick to the image others have of me. It surely is not easy being yourself and being bold and being real in this world. But, there are exceptions - exceptions who require to be applauded. 


Take for instance, this young, baptized Sikh woman, Ms.Balpreet Kaur who was all over the internet a few months ago for a reason as silly as facial hair. But, she was not ashamed that her facial hair caused a furore over the internet and her gender was debated across social networking sites. Infact, she was comfortable being herself, leave alone being victimized. How many of us could actually do something like this? A few million, a few thousand, a few hundred ? The answer is, probably, only a handful of us. I am not saying that women should stop trimming their facial hair, all I am saying is, it takes a lot of courage to take a tough decision and stick to it and this woman had all the courage to do it. She stuck to the decision she had made and stuck to it gracefully. She was being bold and she was being real. True to her own self. I have not met you Balpreet but I bow to you for who you are.

Another instance is the case of homemaker husbands. It takes a lot of courage to sit at home and let the wife earn money while you manage the home as beautifully as any woman would do. It is against the "so called society norms" and yet there are a lot of men who stand up to it and do the task as gracefully as it can be done without fearing what the society has to say about them. Come on guys, take a bow. They took their decisions and stuck to it, running a happy family, without being egoistical about it. Now, this is bold! I don't know if, as a wife, I would be bold enough to agree to my husband doing this even if he was ok with it. I admit I simply don't have the courage to do it. How many of you have the courage?

I have nothing more to say. I was overwhelmed when I read about them and now, I feel the same while writing about them. Take a bow once again you real people out there, for, you have the courage to be bold and to stay real. Kudos to you!

One small wish: When the time comes for me to take a difficult decision and stick to it, I wish I do it gracefully!

I am writing on Be Bold Stay Real at BlogAdda  



I am writing on Be Bold Stay Real at BlogAdda
I am writing on Be Bold Stay Real at BlogAdda
I am writing on Be Bold Stay Real at BlogAdda

16 comments:

  1. absolutely... both the incidents are worth an applaud... it really takes a lot of courage to be yourself in this world where you would be judged for even thinking loudly... kudos to these guys...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true :) I can't even imagine being in their shoes, forget being bold and being what they are.

      Delete
  2. Well written Pooja.. On a lighter note, I wish my husband can sit at home and take care of domestic needs, while I get to concentrate on my career :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shruti.Yeah I understand your longing :)

      Delete
  3. I was touched after reading the post..but after reading the last line'blogadda one' I feel..umm..different.But that thing aside, I read the comment of Balpreet through the link provided but something didn't make snese. She was defending who she was. It's a sign of weakness. She also wrote 'sorry' for being who she is(not exactly but in an implied way). That's something I cannot gulp down. I don't want to give any judgement here on if she was wrong to defend herself in that fashion but something still doesn't feel right... People are nuts. they stick their noses in everyone else's business.. >|<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The post is purely from the heart and not from point of the contest. But I admit, I write for contests to engage more readership. But, contests are fun, you should try sometime :)

      I quite don't agree with you. She probably wasn't defending herself. The way I perceived it was that she was educating others about the culture she followed. Sometimes, you need to explain yourself to even people you don't know. We do it all the time with our loved ones, we explain everything we did, be it right or wrong. Perceptions differ my friend and that is why this life is filled with intricacies.

      People sticking their noses in everyone else's business..hmm, maybe we all do at sometime in life. Don't we?

      Delete
    2. yup, we are all the fruits of one tree..(is this right?).

      Maybe she was right, who knows, the main thing is the original user who uploaded the photo had apologised later. So, maybe it was the right way.

      And I know that the post was from the heart. The contest just gave a topic to you like essay writing during the school times.
      No doubt it was a wonderful post in all respects :)

      Delete
    3. Ya..contests are also one way to break the writer's block :D

      There is nothing right or wrong. It is just that perception differs. I don't know why I have become so philosophical all of a sudden. Probably, marriage makes one philosophical :p

      P.S. For once, it was nice to know a different point of view :)

      Delete
  4. I liked the points mentioned by you. Real and bold indeed..

    manjulikapramod.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of us have to learn this, stop pretending and be what you are. It sure takes a lot of courage but it brings inner peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, we do. I don't mind if we are the way the situation demands us to be. But, if it at anytime hinders us from being ourselves, then there surely is a problem.

      Delete
  6. Don't think any of the people who took the decisions felt much about their courage when they took the decisions. Life throws challenges at us at many points and we take decisions some of which work out fine and some don't. When looked back, all these calls are that we make are life changing decisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Probably, they didn't. Maybe, courage comes at the whiff of the moment. Sticking to a bold decision is where courage is required.

      Delete
  7. Personal conviction for a cause is more important than what others feel! Nice writing, Pooja and best of luck for the contest:)

    ReplyDelete

Admiration or contempt, bring it on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

    UBC Challenge - July 2013

    A to Z Challenge - April 2014

    NaPoWriMo - April 2014